Friday, August 31, 2007

Applying myself


I finally finished writing my application to start a PhD. It's taken months! That's not because it takes me an age to fill out a form, but rather because I felt I needed to present a decent case for my proposed area of research (which I've blogged a little about quite a while ago). What I thought would be a 2,000 word document, including references meticulously referenced the Harvard way, actually expanded to nearly 5,000 words.

Apparently, what I actually get down to in my research may well be nothing like where I have now begun, but (equally apparently, or so I'm told) the process of writing, reflecting, rejecting and re-creating is essential to the doctoral process.

Great, I can hardly wait!

For now, I am going to sit back for a while and wait for the reaction from Lancaster. And post up one of those generic metaphoric photos of people in a race (culled from the Guardian).

1 comment:

Orkis said...

I would like to say that without proper activities each and every learner will fail to uncover a wide variety of sources on a given topic for his or her college. Only those who will use our resource will get free sample term paper on ancient egypt at that site done in accordance to absolutely correct educational standards and theories. That means a lot as it gathers consistent materials and precise data for any analysis or overview.